We do everything we can to guarantee your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. Geisha complies in all cases with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Regulation (GDPR). This means that we, in any case:
1. Purposes of personal data
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided;
- The processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are minimally required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Ask for your explicit consent when we add new data to our system. For this we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security of your personal data;
- Do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes for which they were provided;
- To be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, to point this out to you and to respect them;
- All email received by us containing personal data will be handled and processed correctly.
We collect various types of personal data for different purposes. We do this so that you can use our online services with pleasure and ease.
In the following necessary cases, we will have to process your data to perform our services as well as possible:
- When this is necessary to be able to provide a service, for example in the context of purchases and deliveries of orders via our webshop;
- When legislation requires us to request and process your data.
- When you have shared your data with us and have given us permission for this, for example, in the following cases:
- Registration (account) on our webshop to facilitate use;
- Saving your settings to make the use of our services as pleasant as possible for you;
- Registration of our email newsletters;
- Registration of our email newsletters.
Depending on what you share with us, we can use personal data for the following purposes:
- Sending offers by email;
- Marketing knowledge (customer research), improvement and optimization of our services;
- Targeted marketing campaigns and/or collaborations with third parties to develop actions that match your interests;
- To contact us by telephone when returning products by customer service. Depending on your question, we can request information about your order, such as an order number. In case of a refund, we need your name and account number. We register the email address and/or telephone number to contact you about your question, complaint, order and/or returns.
Depending on what you share with us, we may store and process the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Payment details
- Color and clothing size
- Information about your online activities on our services
- Address data (country, zip code, house number, street, city)
- Bank details
- If you are a member, keeping track of your points balance
It might be good to know that we use a secure SSL connection when you place an order on our webshop. We register the color and size of your order not only to deliver you the right product but also for marketing purposes. Your name, (delivery) address and payment details are necessary for the processing and delivery of your order. We only process your gender in order to be able to address you personally. If you have given access to this yourself, we will use your date of birth to send you an email on your birthday with a birthday promotion or discount. We use the email address and telephone number to inform you about your order. If you have given us permission, we will also periodically send you a newsletter by email.
2. Adjust personal data
You can always adjust your data via our webshop. If you have any problems with this, please contact customer service. If you want to unsubscribe from our newsletter, you can do so by clicking "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of our newsletter. You will then no longer receive our newsletter unless you register yourself again.
3. Social media
Geisha uses various social media channels. We use these channels for contact with our customers and various marketing purposes. We can view certain personal data on a number of social media channels. We use the following social media channels:
4. Automatic data collection
We automatically collect data when you use our website and social media channels. If you use one of these online services, we can store data that may or may not be directly traceable to you, which is:
- IP address
- Domains of other sites that you have visited to access our websites
- Your browser and version used
- Information regarding pages you visit on our website such as date, time, duration of your visit, pages visited within our webshop and information regarding the use of pages visited.
We use the IP address to determine the number of visitors. We use other data to improve and optimize our services.
5. Sharing your data with service providers and third parties
Geisha is bound by Dutch legislation regarding the sharing of personal data with service providers and third parties.
We share your data with third parties who play a role in the performance of our services, such as the processing and delivery of your online orders. In addition, we may also exchange your information with other parties engaged by us to improve our services and our marketing activities. Thanks to processor agreements with these parties, we can guarantee the security of your personal data. We treat all personal data obtained confidentially and with the greatest care. We only share personal data with our partners that are necessary for the service and/or marketing purpose. In order to no longer be able to trace this data back to you, we anonymize it where possible, and the sharing only takes place via secure channels. This is how we guarantee your privacy.
6. Expiration date and inspection
Your personal data has an expiry date. After 5 years, we automatically delete the data, unless you give us permission to keep and use this data again, or unless it is legally required to keep data longer. After sharing the data with us, you have the right to view, change, transfer or anonymize this data at any time if the law allows this. If you submit this request to us, we will try to realize this within 30 days of the request. We will contact you if this is not feasible and will extend this period by a maximum of 30 days.
You have the right at all times to access the data we have collected about you (right of access), you can have it corrected, supplemented (right to rectification) or anonymized (right to be forgotten), you can request a restriction of the processing of data or oppose automated decision-making. If you wish, you can request to be able to transfer your data to a third party (right to data portability). You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Finally, you always have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority if you believe that we do not handle your data carefully. More information about the GDPR and your rights can be found at: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
8. Parental consent
We are obliged to only process personal data of minors after permission from a parent or guardian. If we find out that personal data of minors is nevertheless being processed, we will delete this data within 30 days after discovery, unless we are obliged by law to keep this data.
Cookies generally have an expiry date and are automatically deleted when they are no longer valid. Depending on the cookie, it is deleted immediately after the session, while another cookie can be stored on the computer for a longer period of time.
By using cookies and other techniques, we ensure that for example:
9.1. Functional and analytical cookies
- Visiting our webshop becomes easier
- You do not always receive or have to fill in the same information when you visit our webshop
- We can offer you functionalities such as the shopping cart
- We can measure how our webshop is used and where it needs improvement
- We can show you a more relevant webshop by means of personalization techniques such as product recommendations and showing/not showing certain blocks or items in the webshop
- We can better tailor advertisements to your needs and interests and prevent you from seeing a particular advertisement too often.
Functional cookies ensure that our webshop functions correctly. We use analytical cookies to collect statistics from the users of our webshop. By measuring usage, we can continue to improve and optimize our webshop.
Examples of functional cookies are:
- Notifying you of an unfinished order, so that you do not lose your items in the shopping cart
- The browser settings are saved so that you can view our webshop properly on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone
- Login details are saved so that you do not have to enter this every time
- Detecting possible abuse or possible problems on our webshop (consecutive failed login attempts are registered)
Examples of analytical cookies are:
9.2. Advertising cookies
- The IP address, which is made anonymous
- Technical characteristics such as the browser you use and the resolution of your computer, tablet or mobile screen
- From which page you came to our webshop
- When and for how long you visit or use our webshop
- Whether you use our functionalities (placing an order)
- Which pages you visit within our webshop
With advertising cookies, we are able to show you (via third parties) a relevant advertisement/offer at the right time. With the help of these cookies, we also ensure that you do not see an advertisement too often. We strive only to show advertisements if we think they are of interest to you.
Examples of advertising cookies:
9.3. Social media cookies
- We can keep track of which advertisements you have seen and prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too often
- We can keep track of how many visitors click on a particular advertisement
- We can keep track of how many orders are placed through a relevant advertisement
Social media cookies make it possible to share items and products on social media, follow or like our pages and enable our customer service to communicate with you if you wish. The social media cookies are applied when you click on a social media icon.
Examples of social media cookies:
10. Deleting cookies
- You can share certain pages within your social media channel
- You can follow our brand
- You can like our brand
If you want to delete your cookies, you can do so from the browser. For the most commonly used browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and FireFox you can do this by pressing the key combination CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE within the browser. You will then see a screen where you can delete cookies and other things.